- Zach Ashburn
Patuxent Water Reclamation Facility
Patuxent Water Reclamation Facility (WRF)
1640 Professional Drive
Crofton, MD 21114
Anne Arundel County Department of Public Works
Contract No. 16007-006
Ulliman Schutte Construction, LLC
9111 Springboro Pike
Miamisburg, OH 45342
Cynergy successfully completed the $6,009,945 contract for Patuxent WRF in April of 2019. This project primarily consisted of the procurement and complete installation of a variety of medium voltage (MV) and low voltage (LV) equipment. The installation took place in previously existing structures, as well as in new-construction buildings. Patuxent WRF was already an active site when this project began, which meant keeping the existing facility in operation 100% of the time during the installation of new equipment!
Principle features of the project were as follows:
• Installation of New BGE approved 15KV Switchgear.
• Testing and certifying the 15KV Switchgear & Interrupter Switches
• Installation of new concrete encased duct bank throughout the site.
• Installation of new 15KV to 480V Transformers.
• Installation of 6 new 100Hp & 135Hp Variable Frequency Drives.
• Installation of rigid coated PVC conduit & wire to 4 new 2500kW Generators including 3000A SE rated ATS’s.
• Installation of new 4000A - 480V outdoor walk-in Switchboard to include 1600A, 1000A, 100A, & 50A Circuit Breakers
• Installation of all misc. electrical Panelboards for general purpose use, i.e. receptacles, light fixtures, etc.
Cynergy was responsible for complying with all requirements and actions listed in the project drawings, specifications and SOW. The contract also included providing all necessary materials, labor and equipment to successfully complete the project and to support cleanup and disposal of all construction debris. The project required extensive coordination with BGE for the new 15KV switchgear, as well as ongoing coordination with the Ulliman Schutte project team and the facility workforce. Extensive planning and close coordination with the project manager were incremental for project success.